Is LEGOLAND Hotel Worth The Hype? First Time Visitor Review
Updated: May 10
This is a sponsored post. We received a hosted stay in exchange for our honest review. All opinions are honest and our own.
Narrowing it down to the perfect family vacation destination can be difficult. If you're reading this you're either a California resident looking for a local getaway or you're traveling from out of state to visit California, either way, great choice. As a California resident myself, we definitely have many options to choose from, but I'm here to tell you the LEGOLAND Hotel is as unique as they come. If you've been considering adding this destination to your next Family Travel, I'm here to help you settle the debate. Down below, I'll cover all the perks to staying at the LEGOLAND Hotel, their sweet Vacation package for 2023 and show you tons of pictures from our visit.
Perks To Staying At The LEGOLAND Hotel
1. One of the biggest perks of staying at LEGOLAND Hotel is you can park your car and not leave until you are ready to end your vacation. What do I mean by that? I mean that everything you need for a fabulous time is in one place! I'll touch on the details of this further down below. No need to lug the kids or deal with strollers in and out of the car. That in itself is such a perk!
2. Another perk and probably the biggest one, is that LEGOLAND California theme park is steps away from the hotel. The park is loads of fun for all ages with rides ranging for kiddos 2-12 years of age. Plus it's a LEGO lovers dream! Exit the hotel's back doors and you are literally at the park's main entrance. That is huge specially for families with smaller kiddos. Kiddos need a nap or break while at the park, no problem! Forgot something at the room, it's ok! The Hotel is RIGHT THERE!
3. Every visitor gets a Themed room! No need to upgrade or pay an extra charge. Not only that but there are several themes to choose from. We got the Adventure themed room and it was awesome. The LEGO Adventure theme was from top to bottom even inside the restroom. It's just the right amount to keep it fun but not cheesy or tacky.
4. Plus, every room has an awesome nook for the kiddos with their own TV. Close enough for peace of mind but far enough for everyone to have their own space. Yes Please! Also, room came with a fridge, water and even juice for the kiddos. Plus included was a bin full of LEGOS that Alexia enjoyed while she waited for us to get ready in the morning.
5. FREE full hot breakfast buffet! Yes you read that right. The Hotel has 2 restaurants on site and with your stay, every member of your party gets a FREE full hot breakfast buffet. It allowed us to fill up our bellies before a day full of fun. Not only that but the buffet had a large selection of food for the whole family to enjoy.
6. Nightly Children's entertainment. This is super convenient since the park does close early however that does not mean the fun has to end. On arrival we made sure to scan the code found at the front desk to see all their daily activities. They had things like dance parties, adventure story time, character meets, & family LEGO building just to name a few.
7. There's a heated resort style pool. Unfortunately we didn't have time to enjoy it but definitely will next time. Plus they have large LEGO bricks to play while in the water and the option to rent a pool side cabana. Specially perfect during late Spring/Summer.
8. There's perks even for the adults! In the afternoon/evening the lobby's mini lounge serves alcohol for the parents to enjoy while the kids play in the LEGO Castle. There's also an ample amount of seating and snacks are available for purchase.
9. There's Interactive LEGO features throughout the hotel! On arrival, Alexia immediately ran to the LEGOS located at the center of the lobby and the LEGO castle. Another super fun perk is the Treasure chest found in your room. We simply scanned the barcode at the top of the chest which took us on a scavenger hunt around the hotel. That then led us to a code that opened the treasure chest for a super fun surprise inside. Alexia loved completing this mysterious adventure which added to the fun room theme we had.
10. Every guest gets early access into LEGOLAND Park. I recommend you check what rides you want to get on first and do this as soon as you get inside the park. It's a great way to cut back on wait times specially if visiting during peek times.
11. They have quiet hours! After our visit I was asked quite a few times if it was noisy in our room and my answer is "No". They have quiet time from 10pm to 7am in the morning and it was perfect. Everyone seemed very respectful of this during our visit and we did not find this to be a problem.
12. I personally love San Diego, so found the hotel's LOCATION to be a very appropriate perk to add to the list. If you are looking to explore outside the hotel there are tons of great places to visit nearby! Plus, San Diego has great weather during Spring/Summer months so this itself makes it an ideal travel destination.
LEGOLAND Vacation Package
Ready to start planning? Enjoy 2 days for the price of 1! Don’t miss one of their best deals of the year for your next Southern California vacation!
Vacation package Includes:
Choice of LEGO themed room at one of the two LEGOLAND California Resort Hotels
2-day Hopper tickets with exclusive early access included with your package
FREE full breakfast at your hotel daily
When to Stay: March 18 - June 15, 2023
(Offer not available: April 1-12, May 26 - 28, 2023)
Don’t miss one of the best deals of the year for your next Southern California vacation! But hurry, this offer won’t last!
You can watch our video HERE
Our first visit was definitely a memorable one and we were all highly impressed with how family friendly this hotel is. Not to mention, LEGOLAND California park has a new addition to Miniland U.S.A called MINILAND San Diego. If you're a local, it is awesome to see how beautiful these San Diego landmarks are represented and if you're new to San Diego, it's a great way to get a "quick tour" of this beautiful city. Plus the park's waterpark is officially open and is the perfect place to cool off during a warm day in SoCal.
If you enjoyed this post or found it helpful please give it a like, leave me a comment, share it with a friend or pin it!
Other Kid Friendly Hotels
Talk to you later!